• 7 Replies

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Latest writing accomplishments
« on: September 03, 2017, 01:15:39 AM »
I'm really close to finishing Storms of Magic. Theoretically I could end up staying up super late tonight and finish it either tonight (after 1 AM on Sunday morning) or tomorrow (Sunday but during the day).

...if it's not meant to be a short story, it's too short to be a novel, and it probably won't even reach 20 or 25k, what the heck is it? Lol.

What are your latest writing accomplishments? Feel free to brag or vent as needed!

Edit: make that 15,103 reached! Still writing! 16,478 words. Now going to bed. -Flops- Also, apparently I'm crossing into novella or novelette territory depending on how many more words it takes to finish this thing. Basically once I get over 17k I'm in novella territory, and once I get to 17,499 words, I'm in novelette territory according to the SFWA rules for the Nebula Awards.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:26:12 AM by Jedi Knight Muse »
NaNoWriMo 2018

Amblygon

• Journeyman
  • Kris
    • View Profile
Re: Latest writing accomplishments
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 08:26:41 AM »
Congrats!! Make sure you keep us updated with your progress! (:

My latest accomplishment was submitting something to the July challenge (and my latest failure was failing to submit something for the August challenge!). I think I'm going to try to unlock some outlining/planning achievements in September.  :P

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 10:40:28 AM »
Congrats!! Make sure you keep us updated with your progress! (:

My latest accomplishment was submitting something to the July challenge (and my latest failure was failing to submit something for the August challenge!). I think I'm going to try to unlock some outlining/planning achievements in September.  :P

Thanks! I will. I think I'm probably going to finish this thing today...O.O

Haha, if it makes you feel any better, it's been months since I've been able to submit anything to one of the challenges. XD This time I'm determined to start writing it earlier in the month rather than later because then I won't procrastinate, hopefully. And when I finish Storms of Magic then I won't have any reason NOT to write a challenge entry. Theoretically.
NaNoWriMo 2018

Elena

• Expert
  • the pirate captain
    • View Profile
    • Caribbean Dawn
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 01:25:02 PM »
Submitted a book - 2 volumes - to betta reader. Hopefully in October I'll submit it to the publisher.

Ahryantah

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Multiple Universe Theory
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 08:38:43 PM »
Yay! Go for it!

This last month hasn't been great for me, writing wise. Honestly, my biggest accomplishment was submitting something for the August challenge! But I'm going to buckle down and do some actual work during the two months remaining until NaNo, and then NaNo...we'll see what I decide to do.
Unusual Florida: A Web Serial | Chapter Index

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 08:55:50 PM »
Yay! Go for it!

This last month hasn't been great for me, writing wise. Honestly, my biggest accomplishment was submitting something for the August challenge! But I'm going to buckle down and do some actual work during the two months remaining until NaNo, and then NaNo...we'll see what I decide to do.

I'm at 17,464 words and I'm still writing! I won't finish it tonight because I have to work early tomorrow but I think I'll definitely be finished with it tomorrow afternoon/evening after I get out of work (which isn't until 3:00, ugh. I'd much rather be home writing). I have the rest of this chapter to write and then two more chapters and then I'M DONE!

I really like what you wrote for the August challenge! I'm having the hardest time voting because all of the entries are well written so it's super hard to choose.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:16:00 PM by Jedi Knight Muse »
NaNoWriMo 2018

MagicMagor

• Librarium Testers
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 01:26:43 PM »
So four weeks ago i reached 30k on my current project (that is draft + background notes), which was the target i had set to myself before i was allowed to read that book i really wanted to read. This also means Tigerhall is now the project i've written the most words for, i think.

Downside of this achievement is, that i only wrote just under 400 words since then. But i think i will now organize stuff differently and only count the actual draft - next goal 80k (or finish - whatever comes first).
Title: Tigerhall (WIP)
Word Count : 34,711

Xanxa

• Journeyman
  • Psychedelic Purple Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 08:11:47 PM »
Last month I finished the editing project I'd been doing for Camp Nano.  I did reach my target after increasing it twice, but I didn't finish editing the whole novel in July.  "The Window Man" has now been fully edited, including a few sections cut and others re-worked.  I'm much happier with the shiny new version, although I'll probably do a few more tweaks before it ends up getting published.

I'm now in the midst of doing extensive re-writes and editing to "The Unborn Child".  That's because I "promoted" a particular character from being a minor side-character who gets killed off after only a few scenes to the hallowed status of a major supporting character.  Therefore many of his early scenes needed to be completely re-worked.  There was a stupid sub-plot about his car having a bomb planted under it, and in the light of his "promotion" that became utterly pointless.   Of course, re-writing the earlier scenes has meant that later events in the story need to be changed. 
The wind turns green and the Goddess smiles.  Everything will be the right size.