What should we do with The Showcase?

Keep it
2 (22.2%)
Get rid of it and archive any posts
4 (44.4%)
Other (will reply)
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

What to do with The Showcase- Please read/reply/VOTE!

• 5 Replies

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
What to do with The Showcase- Please read/reply/VOTE!
« on: September 22, 2017, 11:49:39 PM »
As you may have noticed, we're looking to clean up the forum a bit. What we're wondering is whether or not we should keep or get rid of the (members only) showcase category and its sections, since it's so underused.

Pros of keeping it: being able to continue posting information about worlds/characters etc
Cons of keeping it: it's underused

Keep in mind that the Librarium is supposed to have a feature for displaying the information that the showcase category and its sections are being used for, so ultimately the best thing to do might be to archive the posts that are in there and get rid of it since we'll have that feature.
Storms of Magic - Draft 1 FINISHED

True Neutral

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with The Showcase- Please read/reply/VOTE!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 01:06:08 AM »
Right now, it serves as a utility. If the Librarium was completely up and running with that feature active, tested, and fully functional, I'd say "sure, get rid of it," but, underused or not, it's serving a temporary purpose. So I guess my answer is "Keep it until such time as it becomes redundant, at which point, phase it out." OR - "Get rid of it eventually, but not immediately." (Also...I don't have anything in there, but someone might need to do a backup before it vanishes.)

tkz

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 08:53:11 AM »
I agree with True Neutral, and think you should keep it until the Librarium is ready.

JayLee

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 09:55:27 AM »
I feel like if the argument for its redundancy is based on a feature of the site that doesn't exist yet and therefore has not made it redundant..... then there is a smattering of flawed logic. I agree with the others above me, nix it when it crosses the line :)
Writer's Arithmetic: Cup of tea + blanket + book/sketchpad = Heaven
http://www.artbyjaylee.weebly.com/

Xanxa

• Journeyman
  • Psychedelic Purple Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 08:49:52 PM »
Keep it, at least for the time being. 

If you find that it becomes redundant later on, you could always get rid of it then, or take another poll. 
The wind turns green and the Goddess smiles.  Everything will be the right size.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 11:29:45 PM »
(Also...I don't have anything in there, but someone might need to do a backup before it vanishes.)

Right...obviously we'd give a week or two for people to save what was needed (or we'd just stick it into a private archive that only the staff members could see or something and then if someone asked for the information they've posted, we'd be able to PM it to them). We're not going to just yank it away from them before they have the chance to save whatever they've posted.

I'm fine with keeping it until the Librarium is ready. It could be a while, though, and right now the showcase is just kind of taking up space due to not being used much, so it's a tough call. But if the majority really thinks that we should keep it (and if the majority plans on using it while we wait for the Librarium), then we can keep it the way it is.
Storms of Magic - Draft 1 FINISHED