Worldsmyths

What are you currently reading [2018]?

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 09:56:21 PM
I finally finished reading Someday I'll Be Redeemed like two weeks ago. Now I'm attempting to read Truithwitch, though I haven't actually started reading yet.
NaNoWriMo 2018

mathgnome

• Journeyman
  • A friendly squish who likes to write
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 08:42:19 AM
Oh hey, I just got Truthwitch! Haven't read it yet; I'm still rereading The Way of Kings
For glory lit and life alive,
For goals unreached and dreams to strive:
All men must try, the wind did see,
It is the test, it is the dream.

-Wit, from Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 09:06:08 AM
Oh hey, I just got Truthwitch! Haven't read it yet; I'm still rereading The Way of Kings
Haha, that's awesome! We can make a discussion post for it and then compare notes as we read/after we read! :P
NaNoWriMo 2018

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 10:21:33 AM
I am reading Rivers of London but I am finding it hard, and my mum has leant me Handmaid's Tale so I might just read that first.

MarthaBechtel

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Tales From a Messy Workbench
Reply #19 on: August 28, 2018, 03:36:04 PM
I've been spending waaaay too much time on Wattpad reading werewolf stories, because... braincandy. (Brainpringles? I can never read just one...  :D)

I have a giant pile of To Be Reads that I really should read (or reread) and a bunch of ebooks & books on writing that fall into the piles. I just never seem to have enough time to get it all done! :p
www.Martha.net - Where the madness happens! :D

Princess Pessimism

• Novice
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 28, 2018, 08:34:40 PM
I loved all the Truthwitch books!
I'm currently reading Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman ;)

Amblygon

• Journeyman
  • Kris
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 29, 2018, 06:01:43 PM
I just finished The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay and haven't picked up anything new yet. It was amazing - can't believe I waited so long to read it.

CaptainStrat

• Novice
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 30, 2018, 06:27:34 PM
Iím reading The Stone Sky by N.K Jemisin, which is the last of The Broken Earth trilogy. Probably my favourite books Iíve read this year ( and for a good while!)
From the lone shieling of the misty island

Mountains divide us, and the waste of seas-

Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland,

And we in dreams behold the Hebrides

TwistedRiver

• Novice
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 10, 2018, 07:05:26 AM
So many fascinating book titles! Yikes!

I just picked up the first book in a series called The Legend of the Ice People, by Margit Sandemo, and I'm in love love love. It's not exactly fantasy, but more historical stories littered somewhat with magical/fantastical elements. I'm also reading like 3 other books at the same time, but they fall outside the fantasy category. But perhaps one can classify books read for university as fantasy? ...ehehehe :))))

Next up I want to read Circe by Madeline Miller, and I'm waiting for a non-fantasy book from an old teacher of mine, Orchid and the Wasp by Caoilinn Hughes (shameless promotion, hello). And I have the Way of Kings/Stormlight Archives series by Sanderson waiting for me at my mum's place (my student-room is way to small for all my books  :'()

mathgnome

• Journeyman
  • A friendly squish who likes to write
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Reply #24 on: September 10, 2018, 07:54:15 AM
And I have the Way of Kings/Stormlight Archives series by Sanderson waiting for me at my mum's place (my student-room is way to small for all my books  )
Yes! Stormlight is an amazing series!
For glory lit and life alive,
For goals unreached and dreams to strive:
All men must try, the wind did see,
It is the test, it is the dream.

-Wit, from Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson

jessikanesis

• Novice
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 19, 2018, 10:34:10 AM
A great anthology came out at the beginning of this year called Robots Vs. Fairies and I highly recommend it!
I've been trying to read more new release fantasy and scifi and for some reason most of the stuff that came out since January I have been having a hard time enjoying. This collection of short stories was a breath of fresh air. I'm biased toward the fairy stories rather than robot stories, myself, but some of the best stories managed to incorporate both! My favorite was about a human librarian who works at a fairy library, where many of the books come to life. The protagonist is dating a book of poetry, and has to wake up old hunting and combat manuals in order to help on her quest to rescue her boss. Very original stuff.

GuardiansFlame

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Prophecy of Hope Saga
Reply #26 on: October 08, 2018, 01:21:10 PM
As of this week, I am reading two books.  The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux and Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik