I bid you welcome

• 9 Replies

Trekkie

• Novice
    • View Profile
I bid you welcome
« on: July 08, 2018, 02:14:03 PM »
I usually call myself ImperfectTears on most sites but I decided to go with my favorite fan group name.  I also go by Jay so if my username is too difficult to remember, you can just call me Jay. 
I知 always working on several projects at once because I tend to lose interest if I think my story is getting boring.  I gain inspiration for my stories through reading books and by role playing in forums.  I own a calico cat who is thirteen years old.  Her name is Shiloh and she is my best friend.  I usually write either dark gothic stories, mystery thrillers, or fantasy science fiction stories.  But I also want to branch out into non-fiction too.  I also write poetry.  Hopefully I will make some new friends here and I look forward to meeting all of you.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: I bid you welcome
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 02:57:17 PM »
Welcome, @Trekkie! I saw in your profile that your current project is loosely based on the show Supernatural- that's cool, I like that show, though I don't write any fan fiction or anything like that for it. (I know you didn't say yours is fan fiction but if I were going to write about Supernatural, that's what it would be for me. XD)

Anyway...<3 cats. I have a cat named Muffy who is almost fifteen (she'll be fifteen in August). I'm not quite sure about her breed because she was a feral kitten that we rescued, so she definitely has a mix in her...I think she has some Himalayan in her as well as maybe some Persian and calico, though very little calico (mostly it's the coloring in her face that make me think that). I'm determined to have my next cat be a calico or a tortie.

Let us know if you have any questions or anything! I look forward to getting to know and interacting with you!
NaNoWriMo 2018

Penguinball

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 07:13:45 PM »
Hello and welcome! We hope you enjoy the site. There are no rules against necroposting so feel free to dig deep and revive topics that interest you. I see you've joined the Discord too, there is always someone on (like me, because my phone is never more than 2 feet away from me) so feel to pop by whenever. Inane conversation is as welcome as writing discussion and questions :)

Manu

• Expert
    • View Profile
  • Beta Reading Profile: Available, but not a native speaker.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 01:32:00 AM »
Since you've already joined the Discord and Penguinball has already covered the necroposting rules, I guess there's nothing left to say except welcome? So - welcome to our community, hope you like it here! And, btw, it's amazing how broad your writing is, so many different genres!
This user is not a native English speaker. Her grammar may vary dependant on time of the day, level of sleep deprivation and amount of caffeine consumed.
Beta-reading profile

Trekkie

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 05:08:01 AM »
Thank you everyone.  Unfortunately we recently found out my cat has diabetes too.  So she has to receive insulin shots twice a day.  That is really difficult for me because I知 so attached to her and I feel like I have to protect her from danger not only because she is my best friend but also because Shiloh is a female.  But she has gotten used to it and she lets us know if we are even a few minutes late with giving her the shot.

What do you mean by necroposting?  I知 not familiar with that term.

When I was reading about this site before I joined I was thinking that this is a site I have been looking for.  Granted I知 also a part of Shadowplay and HPFanFics sites, I still feel like this site is more what I致e been searching for.

mathgnome

• Journeyman
  • A friendly squish who likes to write
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 10:18:40 AM »
What do you mean by necroposting?  I知 not familiar with that term.

Necroposting is reviving old topics that haven't been posted in in a long time. You might get an automatic warning from the site telling you that this thread hasn't been posted in recently, but you're welcome to ignore it :)

Also hi!
For glory lit and life alive,
For goals unreached and dreams to strive:
All men must try, the wind did see,
It is the test, it is the dream.

-Wit, from Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson

Trekkie

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 11:22:23 AM »
Ah okay.
And hi there!

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 12:39:17 AM »
When I was reading about this site before I joined I was thinking that this is a site I have been looking for.  Granted I知 also a part of Shadowplay and HPFanFics sites, I still feel like this site is more what I致e been searching for.
Well that makes me feel good. <3 :D I hope you enjoy it here!
NaNoWriMo 2018

Tyrannohotep

• Master
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 10:56:01 PM »
Welcome to Worldsmyths!
Author of the Dinosaurs & Dames anthology

My big art thread

Also, check out my website!

Trekkie