Hello, World!

• 3 Replies

Kenaron

• Novice
    • View Profile
Hello, World!
« on: September 14, 2018, 06:28:42 PM »
Basics

Name/Pen name:  Real name Juan, Pen Name something that sounds american perhaps, prefer Kenaron online.
State/country: Argentina, province of Jujuy
Education: Finished (wathever comes before college, I always have this doubt if the school system that the US uses is compatible with the one we have here in Argentina when I'm talking about my education with someone from another country), getting into college next year.

Hobbies and Favorites

What are your hobbies? Playing PC games, running D&D, reading and writing in that order by time consumed by each.
What is/are your favorite book(s) and authors? Firestarter by Stephen King
What is/are your favorite movie(s) and TV show(s)? Recently watched "El Ministerio del Tiempo" (Spanish series). Was pretty great.
Important-ish Note: My memory works really iffy some times, and my rating for anything is mostly positive with most of anything I see, so take anything I say with a massive grain of salt.

Writing

How long have you been writing? At least a couple of years, maybe something like 5.
What was the first story you wrote that you remember? I remember writing a short story for a writing group some time ago.
-Is it finished? Yes, at around 1 page or something (written physically, can't remember the word count)
-Have you ever let anyone read it? I mostly let people I know read anything I write (family for the most part), so maybe someone in my house read it.
-What genre (romance, fantasy, etc) was it? If I remember correctly, fantasy/romance.
Who is your favorite character that you've written about? I concentrate more on Short Stories, so characters vary from one to another.
What is your favorite fantasy world you've created? Feel free to tell us about it. I haven't ever gone too deep into worldbuilding, so the only world I kind of have is a pretty standard Sword-and-Sworcery shell, without any remarkable distinctions yet.
What fantasy project(s) are you currently working on? How's it going in terms of progress? I was starting a short story based on a side character of a D&D adventure I'm running, and I decided that I actually want to write something longer with her in mind. For now, though, it's still sitting in my brain
Do you plan on taking advantage of the beta reading section? I have yet to see everything the site has to offer, but I'll probably leave a couple of short stories around to see if anyone wants to pick up on them

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)

Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo? No-ish
-How many times? 1-ish
What genres were your NaNos? Fantasy/Romance
Did you finish the actual story by 50,000 words, or just reach 50,000 words but not be actually finished?None of the above  :-[
Are you planning on participating this coming November? Only if I can finish another smaller project this September. I'll probably jump in either way and try again to get to the goal.

Other Stuff
How did you find out about Worldsmyths? I saw an ad or someone recommending itlike 10 links ago, but I lost track of exactly where I saw it (I'm sure it wasn't Reddit, at least.)
-What made you decide to join? One of my many spur-of-the-moment decisions, I join forums if I feel like they can help me with something I have going on, but it's not uncommon that I fall out of using them if some complication arises from my waning interest or the more random availability of my little, easy to fry, crash and burn delete cookies and archives laptop.
-Have you told anyone else about it? Not really, I just found it
What do you hope Worldsmyths will help you accomplish in terms of your writing goals? I only hope to be able to chat with people about any writing project that I might undertake or to see if I can get some online aquaintances upgraded to online friends.

As an aside, thanks for whoever put this template as an option. I can't remember the name right now. I like having some sort of guideline to follow, instead of bumbling around trying to describe myself and whatnot.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, World!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 11:43:05 PM »
Hi and welcome, @Kenaron!

Education: Finished (wathever comes before college, I always have this doubt if the school system that the US uses is compatible with the one we have here in Argentina when I'm talking about my education with someone from another country), getting into college next year.

Sounds like our equivalent of high school then. XD
As an aside, thanks for whoever put this template as an option. I can't remember the name right now. I like having some sort of guideline to follow, instead of bumbling around trying to describe myself and whatnot.

That'd be me! XD

I finally sent you a welcome PM a little late, but feel free to let us know if you have any questions, either by replying here or replying to the PM or whatever. Hope to see you in our Discord server, too (the welcome PM has a link to the post with info on how to get into it)!
NaNoWriMo 2018

mathgnome

• Journeyman
  • A friendly squish who likes to write
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 02:07:22 PM »
Hello hello! Your hobbies sound like mine. Nice to meet you!
For glory lit and life alive,
For goals unreached and dreams to strive:
All men must try, the wind did see,
It is the test, it is the dream.

-Wit, from Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson

Kenaron

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 11:12:50 PM »
(I might be botching this quote system horribly)
(Also, this won't preview, so maybe somthing's wrong with my account/computer/internet?)

Sounds like our equivalent of high school then. XD

Like I said, I always have a doubt saying high school, because here in Argentina we have an equivalent to Kindergarden (ages 2-3 to 5), then an equivalent (maybe) to Elementary school ("Primaria" or Primary, ages 6 to 12 normally), and then this thing that is like highschool, but that I think lacks the division to be a real equivalent ("Secundaria" or Secondary, ages 13 to 17-18). Isn't Highschool more divided into subsections?

Anyways, thanks both Jedi and Math for the welcomes, and sorry to take so long to answer! Also sorry to be so thick with this education system thing!