Worldsmyths

Hello

GWProuse

• Novice
    • View Profile
on: September 20, 2018, 02:32:33 AM
My name is Mariah and I am from Southern California. 
I have a BA in Multiple Subjects, Education and a Masters in Education
I can be found on NaNo under GWProuse and, if interested, on instagram as ThisReaderLuvs2write

I have been writing for as long as I can remember.  My first story was written and illustrated (by me) at the age of 10 or 12 about a wild mustang.  I let my family read it and that was the last story I wrote that I shared with anyone till this year. 

I have a bunch of first drafts hidden away on computers and in files that if I looked back at now I would hide in fear if anyone else’s eyes touched them. 

I love to read fantasy (YA, epic, all of it) but will read in all different genres from time to time.  All of my recent manuscripts have always had a fantasy edge to them.  My current WIP is a YA/NA Fantasy series, the first book is currently on its final edits and looking for a CP soon to look over it before I prepare to query and seek a home for it. 

I will be competing in the upcoming NaNo this November and cannot wait to take on the challenge.  I will be working on my second book for the series and look forward to seeing where the story takes me.

I am considered a planster writer, I get an idea and outline but certainly veer off as the characters take over my writing and the story (LOVE THAT PART).

When I am not reading or writing (which is not nearly as much as I would like) I am adulting with my family, 3 kids and fire fighter husband.  I have a part time job as a children’s coordinator for my church and full time chauffeur between school, soccer, gymnastics, basketball and cubscouts. 

My other hobbies/interests include hiking, crafting, sewing and horses. 

Since the books/authors could go on forever I will just give a few: Leigh Bardugo, Sabaa Tahir, JK Rowling, Terry Goodkind, Elizabeth Hayden, Robin LeFever, Maas, Robert Jordan, Moning....it could go on and on...

Shows/Movies: The Good Place, Any DIsney movie pretty much (Tangled and Beauty and the Beast are tops), Buffy, Friends, Supernatural (thanks to my husband), This is Us and How to Train Your Dragon

Look forward to getting to know you all and follow along on everyone’s different journeys through writing!  :)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:39:25 AM by GWProuse »

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 09:09:18 PM
Late welcome is late! Welcome to the forum, @GWProuse!

Aah, another Disney and Supernatural fan! :D I love pretty much almost anything and everything Disney. I've been a fan of Supernatural since the first season came out on DVD, although I need to catch up now...it was in the middle of season 13 when I was moving, and the DVR recordings got deleted off of my mom's DVR so I haven't caught up yet. I need to do that at some point between now and when it comes back in October.

Let us know if you have any questions or anything, and I look forward to seeing you around the forum!
NaNoWriMo 2018

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 01:14:18 PM
Hi and welcome :)

My characters are the same, they love to just control everything while I am flailing around trying to figure out what's going on :P

GWProuse

• Novice
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 05:28:43 PM
I sometimes have to go back and read again wondering how I ended up where I did...When did they take over completely!?