kherezae

• mad jack
  • Administrator
  • Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Wattpad
Rereading books
« on: July 09, 2016, 09:54:34 PM »
So I'm sure this is something all (or at least most) of us do. But under what conditions?

Do you have books you like to reread fairly consistently? Like a yearly ritual, a comfort book?

Do you reread the previous books in a series right before the new one comes out, like I do?

Do you sometimes remember, out of the blue, a book you read long ago and liked and decide to give it another try? (If so, how did that go? Did you like it as much? Less? More?)

What other reasons might you have for rereading books?

Becca

• Master
    • View Profile
Re: Rereading books
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 03:14:27 AM »
Given I have hardly enough time to read as is, I don't reread so much anymore. But when I did, I had my favorites that I'd keep coming back to. I've probably read There's Boy in the Girl's Bathroom at least six times by now. But otherwise, unless I was particularly in the mood for a book I'd read before and/or couldn't remember well, I'd mostly just read new ones or reread my favorites.

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 05:36:01 AM »
My most reread books are the first two trilogies by my favourite author, those are my prized books. Her later books don't get read as much. Though when I do reread one of her books I get what I call 'Trudi fever' and almost have to read all her other books. Like an addiction :P

I tend to go through times of wanting to read and so I'll reread loads of my books, and then not read for ages again. Unfortunately I am a picky person so I do tend to stick to the same authors and end up rereading rather than buying a new book. Last time I did rereading I literally read nearly every fiction book on my shelf. Even old old books which I hadn't read since a lot younger like Witch Child...

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 09:59:48 AM »
I don't reread very often. I did read...I think Catching Fire from The Hunger Games a few times, and I THINK I might have done the same for The Hunger Games, but I haven't reread Mockingjay. At this point I really should just reread the whole trilogy.

I've been so bad about reading lately in general.  :-\ I know that I want to reread Graceling. That's going to be the next book I reread, after I finally finish reading the book that I've been trying to read for the last two years (not because it's not good or anything) and after I read the A Song of Ice and Fire books. And then after that I'll read the Hunger Games books, because there's definitely a LOT of things that I don't remember that weren't in the movies, or that were and I only vaguely remember reading.

Storms of Magic - Draft 1

kherezae

• mad jack
  • Administrator
  • Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Wattpad
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 01:00:50 PM »
Ally, I reread all three Graceling books earlier this year, I dunno if you remember. It's definitely worth doing. I loved them even better on the reread.

Sheepy -- Trudy Canavan? I've never read her. Maybe I'll add her to my list of stuff to read!

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 01:02:30 PM »
I keep going on about her :P Trudi is the best haha. All of her books have people with magic, though in her newest trilogy they are done in a much different way and includes being able to magically move to different worlds :)

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 05:18:05 PM »
I didn't love Fire and Bitterblue enough to really WANT to do a reread of those books...maybe I will, though, just to finish the trilogy when I reread Graceling.

Storms of Magic - Draft 1