• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
HI :)
« on: May 30, 2016, 03:26:28 AM »
Basics

Name/Pen name: Carrie, but I prefer my internet nickname of Sheepy. My pseudonym for writing is currently Odessa Oakley but I reeeeeeally need some feedback on that to see if it sounds alright.

State/country: England
Education: I have a BA in Fine Art and I am always doing courses from various fields on Future Learn :)

Hobbies and Favorites

What are your hobbies? Writing, painting, photography, PROCRASTINATING
What is/are your favorite book(s) and authors? Trudi Canavan <3 I'm still in love with the Black Magician Trilogy, she hasn't topped that yet.
What is/are your favorite movie(s) and TV show(s)? LOTR, Brother Bear... um, I forget what else. As for TV I rarely watch it, but I like GoT and am currently watching Once Upon a Time

Writing

How long have you been writing? Extremely on and off since my first "novel" at about 6
What was the first story you wrote that you remember? ^ my "novel" which is incredibly embarrassing to remember.
-Is it finished?
I hope it has been burnt!
-Have you ever let anyone read it?
I did :(
-What genre (romance, fantasy, etc) was it? Looking back it was technically a romantic fanfic

Who is your favorite character that you've written about?

This is tough! I love to write scenes with my characters Jascha, Sarett, Celeste, and Kali. One of them is a extreme flirt with supreme commitment issues, another is a shapeshifting loner who has been pushed away by nearly everyone (she's a tough nut though), and the other two are both different because they are demons, but they keep showing me more and more complexity.

What fantasy project(s) are you currently working on? How's it going in terms of progress? Fate and Magic - 14k in the main document, nearly 10k of snippets where I have written ahead. Though at least one bit was me exploring a flashback

Do you plan on taking advantage of the beta reading and/or excerpt posting sections? Only if people take advantage of my free literature  8)

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)

Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo?
-How many times?
What genres were your NaNos? Fantasy/Adventure
Did you finish the actual story by 50,000 words, or just reach 50,000 words but not be actually finished? Both.. I did the 50k the second time but I missed a huge chunk out of the middle where I got stuck.
Are you planning on participating this coming November? Possibly not, Nano killed me last year

kherezae

• mad jack
  • Administrator
  • Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Wattpad
Re: HI :)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 03:34:53 AM »
...Cat in a shark costume PLUS a roomba? Triple win.

Hi Sheepy! NaNo really can be a killer, I don't blame you for not wanting to tackle it this year. And wow, you started writing so young! Impressive!

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 03:40:05 AM »
There was a SUPER huge gap for many years though, but I even remember writing a "novel" at school for a lesson and I stayed behind during our break just to continue writing. I don't remember much of that except I think there was a dragon in it. AND I may have upped my wordcount by going great great great great great granfather.....

And oh yes, the shark cat roomba video is amazing to watch. There is even a duck involved too, it should be on youtube somewhere. Tempted to make it my signature, but I think it's a bad idea :B

As for Nano I was mid way through editing FaM and after nano I think I couldn't write at all for about 4 months. However when I went back to FaM I realised that so much needed changing that I pretty much threw the whole thing out of the window. I am on my technical 3rd draft but it's the 1st draft of my rewrite. I had elements I thought were holding me back.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 09:46:45 AM »
Welcome, Sheepy!

I love that you love Brother Bear. I feel like that movie doesn't get much love, because it's not a super popular Disney movie compared to others. I love when Phil Collins does songs for Disney movies (which has been...what, twice? Lol).

I just looked up the description for the first Black Magicians book and I think I'm going to add it to my list of "to read." :D
Storms of Magic - Draft 2 Currently being beta read
Untitled sequel to Storms of Magic - currently being written!

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 12:24:45 PM »
Oo yay! If you start to really get into it, get the next two asap cause I got to the end of book 2 and was so eager to know more I went crazy!

And yes <3 brother bear is awesome, same with Treasure Planet, and Emperor's New Groove, but the latter seems to have gained more popularity thanks to the Kronk memes :P

kherezae

• mad jack
  • Administrator
  • Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Wattpad
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 01:43:26 PM »
Aaaaah I adore Treasure Planet! (I had a short period of obsession with that movie. Seriously.) *fistbump*

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 09:27:19 PM »
I think I tried to watch Treasure Planet? I know I tried to watch Atlantis: The Lost Empire but couldn't get into it for some strange reason.
Storms of Magic - Draft 2 Currently being beta read
Untitled sequel to Storms of Magic - currently being written!

WriterDave

• Apprentice
  • Magic with a Little Science
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 10:57:51 AM »
Hi back at you.  I feel like one of my characters after being lost and finally wandering back to Worldsmyths. I appreciate the comments about nanowrimo. It is a great way to get a story started, but the process is painful.  I'm at 27,000 words and sick of writing in a linear way.  I'll bail out on the word count totals, go back to the start, straighten the plot and move on. Probably won't make 50k words this time but at least book 3 is plotted (sort of).  The book you and I discussed is days away from release but I've been too busy with nanowrimo to react to some detailed editing I just got from a friend.

SithLordOfSnark

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Desires of the Flesh
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 02:19:49 AM »
Hello there. Welcome. :)