• 2 Replies

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Seer's Pawn scene excerpt!
« on: May 30, 2016, 09:37:45 PM »
I posted a scene in the library here from one of my projects I'm trying to figure out/actually write. I wrote this scene (there's a second scene to go with it that I haven't posted yet either) back in...March? just to write something, and I'm actually really proud of it. It's a scene that would take place in the middle of the story somewhere.

I love the idea of this story but I'm kind of struggling with it because I've never written a character who starts out on the "evil" side of things and then ends up being good (so I guess she's a...conflicted neutral character? o.O I dunno) and it's hard to figure certain things out because of that.

Also, one thing I realized about this scene I posted is that at the end of the scene, she's put into iron shackles, basically, and they make her cry out in pain, and there's no explanation in this scene for WHY that's the case. The intention is that she comes from a race (possibly my Wisps race, which are basically fairy-like creatures that have wings and can shift into a human form. They're not like the ones from the Will o' the Wisp poem...or at least, not all of them are) that has a weakness toward iron (similar to fey having the same weakness, where if it touches them it can hurt or even kill them in extreme cases). It basically makes her weak and unable to use her magic to escape.

Since I posted it in the excerpts section, I'm not really looking for feedback on it, but I wanted to be able to post -something- that was more on the recent side.
Storms of Magic - Draft 1 FINISHED

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Seer's Pawn scene excerpt!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 11:02:01 PM »
Bumping, 'cause even though I'm not really looking for -feedback- I'd love to hear what people generally think of it? :D Hopefully I'll have something more (like, an actual chapter) to post sooner rather than later.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Seer's Pawn scene excerpt!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 11:03:45 PM »
I finally posted another scene for Seer's Pawn. It takes place right after the first one I posted (so definitely make sure to read that one if you haven't yet).

Some things to know:

1. Reznor's name has now been changed to Sirakk.

2. The part with the Binding probably needs work.

3. The Vale=where the Seer's Court is (this is something I didn't decide until recently).

4. The part where Rael mentions being the heir of Illyria may or may not be something that I keep. I wrote the majority of this scene before I had much of any plot figured out, so I basically just made that part up when I was writing it.

I think that's it.