Portraits!

• 8 Replies

briari hallow

Portraits!
« on: August 16, 2016, 11:55:12 PM »
My best friend's birthday is tomorrow so I came home and drew this up.

I definitely still have a lot to work on in terms of getting used to the program I'm using, BUT I think I've found a style I'm pretty fond of to work with digitally.

Anyways, she's my platonic soulmate and we're both geeks - actually doing Harry Potter trivia tomorrow night and I'll be giving her this. ^__^ I hope she likes it.

Also, I think I want to start doing cartoon portraits for funs.

Anyways, I have to sleep now because tomorrow is going to be a day from hell, and I've been sick all weekend and just need sleep, but I wanted to share this ^__^ Hope to chat with anyone tomorrow.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Portraits!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 10:24:54 AM »
Awww, it's so cute! I think she'll love it!

Storms of Magic - Draft 1

Tyrannohotep

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 09:50:58 PM »
I agree with JKM. It's lovely.

briari hallow

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 09:50:47 AM »
Thanks guys ^__^ She liked it a lot.

briari hallow

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 09:09:46 PM »
I did a portrait of my grandmother over the weekend while the (OMG I cannot express enough the amount of "Squee" I feel when my ferret pops his little head over the bed to try to climb up. He just did it and it's so distracting)  SO and his family were watching football.

This took about four hours to do the portrait, elephant, and the outline for a few of the flowers. The rest of the coloring took about another two or three, I'd say.

I was surprised at how well the shading on the portrait came out. I did it in purple, and then just put a skin-tone layer over it  and it surprisingly enough worked.

I just have no idea where I can get it printed. I want it at about 18'' across.

Meh.

Becca

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 09:38:16 PM »
That's awesome! (And I get distracted by my cat being cute all the time, so I thought that was hilarious :) )

No One of Consequence

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 09:43:43 PM »
See this is what's great about being a geek - I would love it if a friend of mine showed up with a picture like this for my birthday (though not HP because Potter and I have issues).

I think your friend will love it! :)

briari hallow

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 10:01:55 PM »
@No One of Consequence - I don't know if it actually tagged you...O_O;;

But I find that really funny just because the same friend I made this for...for Christmas I got her a Harry Potter Triwizard Cup Lamp, and she got me a replica of Luna Lovegood's wand. And I got her kid Tolkien's Letters from Father Christmas.

It really does rock being a geek with geek friends.

No One of Consequence

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 03:01:17 AM »
But I find that really funny just because the same friend I made this for...for Christmas I got her a Harry Potter Triwizard Cup Lamp, and she got me a replica of Luna Lovegood's wand. And I got her kid Tolkien's Letters from Father Christmas.

Sounds like a great Christmas. :)