Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Member Testimonials
« on: August 25, 2016, 11:00:31 AM »
Hi everyone,

We're looking to create a member testimonials page for the site, and we need your help to do that! Whether you've been a member from the start or only just joined today, we want YOUR testimonial about the site! And of course we want testimonials from staff members as well.

Please respond to this post with your testimonial. Once there are enough testimonials, I'll be creating a 'page' in the library to place them into.

Edit: I thought it would be self-explanatory as to what kind of testimonial to give, and I also kind of rushed into getting this post up this morning, so here's an example from a post that @briari hallow made in the NaNo Facebook group to help advertise the site to them:

Let me just tell you guys (hopefully without sounding like an infomercial), I’m really enjoying the site.
I had promised to help mod it a while ago but only joined in mid-June-ish, and although I’m not nearly as active as I wish I were, I’ve gotten a ton of support.

Everyone on there is great – there’s diversity, there are LOLs, there’s some much needed honesty in the reviews, and there have even been a few good discourses on important aspects of writing in fantasy – we’ve discussed our unique theological systems, our magic systems, how to deal with clichés in writing, pantsing, and all in-betweens.

The Library is also super helpful – it catalogs every member’s works that they’ve shared, and makes it easy to review chapter by chapter for easy-access with the author. You can even see everyone else’s reviews, which has at least helped me keep an eye out for what other’s look at. Many of them are part of the writing challenges, which we vote for and declare winners for, but there are also a lot of completely unique works that we’ve shared just to get responses from.

There are also a ton of threads to just have fun chats in and share other things in, course, because every community should be able to unbutton their belts/bras and relax (did that sound creepy? I didn’t mean it to be creepy. DON’T BE CREEPED).

It doesn't even have to be this detailed. You could easily say something like "while I'm new to the site, I'm enjoying myself and am looking forward to continuing to get to know the other members and the staff and read their writing."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 06:38:54 PM by Jedi Knight Muse »
Current total goal: 25,000
July Camp Goal: 15,000 (4,474=difference needed to get to 15k)

Storms of Magic - Draft 1

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Member Testimonials
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 06:39:31 PM »
BUMP!

I edited the post with some testimonial examples. See the post above!

xexes

• Journeyman
  • King Phillip
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 02:36:57 PM »
I am in a rut where I don't want to roleplay and I don't feel like writing. With this site, I find myself writing more often.

Elena

• Journeyman
  • the pirate captain
    • View Profile
    • Before the Mast
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 03:28:42 AM »
It's a place to meet fellow writers from all over the globe, to get inspiration and help when feeling stuck, encouragement to continue and finish the ongoing writings, to discuss about any subjects with new friends, to read what others have written and to share your own writing in a safe environment.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 10:16:34 AM »
Thank you, @xexes and @Elena! I've put your testimonials up here!

To anyone else, feel free to submit a testimonial as well and I'll add it to the page!

Aelrindyl

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 12:13:01 PM »
After months of searching the internet for a friendly community who would give advice and assistance without making me feel like I'm useless at writing, I hit a wall. That was until I saw a post about the community here on Worldsmyths. I decided to pay it a visit, and while I'm still a new member, I've found it to be friendly and welcoming.

It's a daunting prospect diving into writing for the first time, especially for those with no prior experience and a limited skill set like myself. But to find a community who are quick at replying and willing to help, certainly makes the journey of novel crafting feel a little less lonesome and intimidating. With a vast array of resource links, advice and library material, I'm very happy to have signed up.
Life has shifting horizons so you might as well keep swimming.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 09:48:10 PM »
After months of searching the internet for a friendly community who would give advice and assistance without making me feel like I'm useless at writing, I hit a wall. That was until I saw a post about the community here on Worldsmyths. I decided to pay it a visit, and while I'm still a new member, I've found it to be friendly and welcoming.

It's a daunting prospect diving into writing for the first time, especially for those with no prior experience and a limited skill set like myself. But to find a community who are quick at replying and willing to help, certainly makes the journey of novel crafting feel a little less lonesome and intimidating. With a vast array of resource links, advice and library material, I'm very happy to have signed up.

@Aelrindyl this made me sooooooo happy to read (and of course my instinct was that I wish I could hit "like" on the post -facepalm-). I'm really glad that you've found that the site has been helpful and quick to respond and such. I'm excited to keep getting to know you and have you become part of the community.

Irish_Carbomb

• Journeyman
  • Yarr! I'm a pirate. I be plunderin' yer werdz!
    • View Profile
    • The Author Known as Vanderbilt
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 05:06:17 PM »
Worldsmyths is fun and friendly. I love interacting with authors from all over the world in every stage of their journey, and this is definitely the place to do it. Staff are friendly and quick-draw-McGraw for issues and explanations, or even just to help when we find ourselves flailing. In all, a great place to connect and get feedback on ideas and writing. If fantasy is your thing, you should join--NAY! Dive in head first and never come up for a breath. By far one of the best communities I've ever had the privilege to join.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 11:48:57 PM »
<3 Thanks, @Irish_Carbomb! Added it in!

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 08:09:28 PM »
Been a while since we've gotten any testimonials to add to the page...don't be afraid to submit one!

Silver

• Global Moderator
  • Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 08:06:11 PM »
I just realised I never responded to this, so I guess no time like the present:

I find Worldsmyths to be a very friendly community. Although still small, there is plenty of encouragement and support. It has been helpful to me to have other people I can talk to about the fantasy genre and about writing in general, and it has kept me focused and inspired even at times when I haven't felt like writing. I have been a part of the community from the beginning and am happy to be involved.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 08:17:08 PM »
<3 Thanks, Silver! I added it to the testimonials page.

To all our newbies (and not so newbies) who haven't submitted a testimonial, don't be afraid to submit a testimonial, as well!

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 08:49:04 PM »
Bump!

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 12:02:59 AM »
Bump! Any newer members wanna add a testimonial? :D

CMMai

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 02:52:15 AM »
Though i am still a new member i have been welcomed by everyone and feel at home here. Everyone is so friendly and helpful they seem to actually want to be your friend not just a writing associate. The forum is full of great and helpful tips to get anyone out of a writers block or current rut. I have found the monthly challenges to be exciting and a good break away from my current project. I even returned full of new ideas and ready to tackle my project once more,  i wrote more then i had in a while.

Thank you.