List of Current Beta Readers!

• 28 Replies

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
Re: List of Current Beta Readers!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2017, 01:26:32 AM »
Forgot about this. May as well put me in the "can-do, will-do" category, I think. Graduation should give me a bit more free time here. Now to go change that in my profile :)
Writer's Arithmetic: Cup of tea + blanket + book/sketchpad = Heaven
 http://paperweighteditorial.tumblr.com/

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2017, 09:13:53 PM »
Will do! I hope people will start taking advantage of the fact that we have so many people who more or less are willing to be beta readers.
Storms of Magic - Draft 1 FINISHED

TC

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 08:40:06 PM »
Hi Jedi Knight Muse, and thanks, but I don't usually accept things for beta read; I just haven't enough spare time to be able to do it and respond in a timely manner, so in order not to disappoint I generally don't do it at all, so it might be best to take me off that list :)

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 08:44:47 PM »
Hi Jedi Knight Muse, and thanks, but I don't usually accept things for beta read; I just haven't enough spare time to be able to do it and respond in a timely manner, so in order not to disappoint I generally don't do it at all, so it might be best to take me off that list :)

Fair enough. :) I was just going off of what was selected in your profile, which is "depends/other" at the moment. I'll move you to the "not available" list.

RebekahGrace

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Adventures
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 12:21:40 PM »
I've added the following members to the lists:

@ElLobo89, @Reagan, @RebekahGrace, @scarpix, @TC

Please let me know if I've put you onto a list that you shouldn't be on and I'll fix it.

Please shift me over to Depends/Other @Jedi Knight Muse

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 12:25:00 PM »
I've added the following members to the lists:

@ElLobo89, @Reagan, @RebekahGrace, @scarpix, @TC

Please let me know if I've put you onto a list that you shouldn't be on and I'll fix it.

Please shift me over to Depends/Other @Jedi Knight Muse

Done!

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2017, 10:24:28 PM »
The following members have been added to the list:

@katfireblade
@rkcapps
@Roughdragon
@Amblygon
@EllaNix

As usual, please let me know if I've placed you in a category you don't want to be in and I'll fix it.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 04:11:17 PM »
I've added the following people to the list:

@rkcapps, @BluFenix, @LillyRayne, @MarthaBechtel, @Pandemonium @Spookykat and @justaddnoise1985 

Please let me know if you've been placed into a category you don't want to be in and I'll fix it!

Lord_Aetius

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • jamieedmundson
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 06:40:36 AM »
It would be great if anyone on this list had the time to beta read my latest book, called Bolivar's Sword. It is the 2nd in a fantasy series. It's a full length novel, so I understand it's a big time commitment. Obviously anyone who read it and gave me feedback would get an acknowledgement in the book  :D. If anyone is interested, please message me/reply. Thanks.

Rohierim

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 10:06:45 PM »
@Lord_Aetius How much previous knowledge from the first book do you need for the second book? Or should I really be asking, how much knowledge do YOU think you need from the first book to read the second? If you are looking for someone to look over your book as a beta reader, let me know. I'd be glad to help out where I can.

Thanks,

Roh

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2017, 11:59:44 PM »
Just as a general FYI, I've been trying to figure out how to get it so that maybe people will take a little more advantage of the people on this list who've seen they'd definitely beta read or would possibly beta read- i.e. use this section of the forum and its forms (one and two) and make posts asking/offering to be beta readers/writing partners. But I realize that everyone is at different points in their writing so beta reading, at least, is a little more tricky due to it being a time commitment to be able to read an entire manuscript.

If anyone has any suggestions, or just wants to jump in to making new threads for themselves and filling out those forms, feel free to do so.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2017, 11:49:03 PM »
The following members have been added to the lists:
@EasternViolet, @Penthesilea, @Xanxa, @Tort, @rbo, @ravenclawpixierose @Phillip @CF WELBURN, @Manu  @SilverLinings 

If you have been added into a section you shouldn't be or if you want to be moved into a different category, please let me know. And if your name is not on any of these lists, please let me know and let me know what category to add you into.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 12:21:13 AM by Jedi Knight Muse »

rbo

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2017, 02:27:13 AM »
Hi, im new and am looking for a beta reader

My name is Robert Stevens
My novel is a fantasy and aimed at young adults.
It is called Lowenna.
I'm in an editing stage but would like a reader to read the chapters as they are finished

A young woman awakens on a beach, which borders a jungle.  She has no memories of her past.  Her only things that feel familiar is the finger length dark pink crystal hanging around her neck and one word, Lowenna.
Now this young woman has to survive in a world of magic and monsters, using skills that are berried deep within her, and visions of the past present and future.

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2017, 04:01:24 AM »
Hi @rbo the best way to request a beta reader is to start a new thread :) that way people can see easier that you are looking for a reader. You can also go to this thread and see a list of questions which may help you give potential beta readers the info they need. Hope you find a beta :)