• View Profile
Yo, Hello, and Salutations
« on: September 13, 2017, 12:32:55 PM »
Basics

Name/Pen name: I don't really have one. I guess MimiRay for now
State/country: Arkansas/USA
Education: Currently in college

Hobbies and Favorites

What are your hobbies? Reading, attempting to draw, gaming, watching/listening to gaming livestreams, knitting, crocheting, music, learning.
What is/are your favorite book(s) and authors? Scarlet and the Wolf by Kirby Crow, Rowling, Tolkien, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Josh Lanyon, cozy mysteries. Love fantasy in almost all forms.
What is/are your favorite movie(s) and TV show(s)? Mostly horror and fantasy, but if it catches my attention then I'll watch it. I like murder mystery, true crime, and crime drama shows, but I'll watch anything if I get into it (except US soap operas).

Writing

How long have you been writing? Off and on for years.
What was the first story you wrote that you remember? It was a school assignment for English class. Me and my partner turned The Watson's go to Birmingham into a zombie apocalypse short.
-Is it finished? For the assignment, yes.
-Have you ever let anyone read it? The teacher and my assignment partner.
-What genre (romance, fantasy, etc) was it? Horror
Who is your favorite character that you've written about? NA
What is your favorite fantasy world you've created? Feel free to tell us about it. NA
What fantasy project(s) are you currently working on? How's it going in terms of progress? None at the moment, but I have some ideas floating around.
Do you plan on taking advantage of the beta reading section? Yes

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)

Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo? No
-How many times? 0
What genres were your NaNos? None
Did you finish the actual story by 50,000 words, or just reach 50,000 words but not be actually finished? No
Are you planning on participating this coming November? I'm going to try to remember.

Other Stuff
How did you find out about Worldsmyths? RPG-Directory
-What made you decide to join? I wanted to talk to others that are interested in the same genre as I am.
-Have you told anyone else about it? No
What do you hope Worldsmyths will help you accomplish in terms of your writing goals? Actually start writing. Maybe seeing others progress will motivate me to put pencil to paper and start writing. Get over my self doubt and self criticism when working on a project. Maybe build up the courage to share it one day?

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Yo, Hello, and Salutations
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:41:16 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum! I look forward to interacting with and getting to know you. :) I hope seeing all the discussions and such will help you get over the self-doubt and criticism so that you can share your writing. Let us know if you have any questions! Also, if you feel brave at some point before the end of the month, maybe check out our September writing challenge and see if it's something that will inspire you to write something. :D
Storms of Magic - Draft 2 Currently being beta read
Untitled sequel to Storms of Magic - currently being written!

MimiRay

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome.

I might take a gander-peek at that. The prompts look interesting.

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 03:42:10 PM »
Welcome :) I hope you enjoy it here!

There are lots of areas for you to explore, and maybe our writing prompts section can help you as well as the monthly challenges. If you really want to get stuck into some discussion we have our Question of the Day section where we ask various types of questions about being a writer and our work. Otherwise, explore and don't worry about reawakening old threads! New discussion is always good :D

Xanxa

• Journeyman
  • Psychedelic Purple Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 09:50:02 PM »
Hi Mimi, hope you have fun here and find the forums useful. 
The wind turns green and the Goddess smiles.  Everything will be the right size.