So Tyrannohotep likes to draw...a lot

• 286 Replies

Tyrannohotep

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Wordpress
Re: So Tyrannohotep likes to draw...a lot
« Reply #285 on: June 21, 2017, 03:25:43 PM »

Deinotherium is a genus of prehistoric elephant relatives that roamed Africa and Eurasia between the Miocene and early Pleistocene epochs (10-1 million years ago). They grew even larger than modern elephant species, with the biggest weighing up to 15 tons, and their tusks would have curved downward from the end of the lower jaw (they might have come in handy for stripping bark from trees for food).

My swordswoman character (whom I am calling Ankheti for the time being) is hauling a very large khopesh sword. This doodle came to mind after I was looking at character art from the Final Fantasy games, wherein the characters wield these huge-ass swords and other weapons. Although compared to some of those behemoths, what Ankheti is carrying here might be almost practical.

Tyrannohotep

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Wordpress
Re: So Tyrannohotep likes to draw...a lot
« Reply #286 on: Today at 04:16:38 PM »
Colored version of my Amenirdis portrait:

It's easy for skin to get dry and ashy under the hot Saharan sun, so this Egyptian chick is applying some shea butter to remedy the problem. This substance, made from the nut of the African shea tree, has been used as a skin moisturizer and cosmetic since ancient times; it's rumored that the Ptolemaic Queen Cleopatra was a big fan of the stuff for example.