• 44 Replies

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
Re: Will do Character Sketches for you!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 10:40:01 AM »
Well if you're begging you can have another of mine 
hehe, thanks :) This one shall be a nice challenge, I think.
Writer's Arithmetic: Cup of tea + blanket + book/sketchpad = Heaven
 http://paperweighteditorial.tumblr.com/

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 08:50:04 PM »
Character Name: Arris
Character Age: I haven't pinned down the EXACT age, but I'd say early 30's. 32, 33 years old.
Description (the more detailed, the better): Um...okay, so see below. I'm just going to link to reference pictures that have a general idea of what I imagine, 'cause I don't really have a great description for him yet.
Personality: Stubborn, but very loyal to the queen (he's a queen's guard) and to his friends. He keeps the stuff about his past to himself (legit- I don't even know what his past is! I just know that he came over from wherever he was born when he was around twelve or thirteen years old), though there's definitely things that even he doesn't know (and, again, I don't know either. Either I'm just really blocked or he's absolutely refusing to let me know). He's a very well trained swordsman, and he knows magic (which, again, I'm totally failing at world building because I haven't really pinned those down either).
Preferred clothes: Um. I'm going to go with his "commoner clothes," because that's mostly what I've imagined him wearing, and I haven't figured out what his queen's guard uniform looks like.

Eyes (maybe a little darker blue):

...okay, I would say clothes would actually be along these lines, but no beard (I think. I might end up deciding he needs a beard. I HAVE NO IDEA, sorry. XD).

I'm trying to decide how the hair would be. I'm thinking like this:

...let me know if you need more details. :D

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:52:30 PM by Jedi Knight Muse »

Storms of Magic - Draft 1

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 09:02:42 PM »
@Sheepy-Pie So here is my interpretation of Dominn. I do want to apologize that the scanner I currently have access to is terrible, so the image looks very washed out. I'm going to try to find a better scanner and get a better one up.

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 09:05:18 PM »
@Jedi Knight Muse And here is a potential for Arris. I tried to take the features and mix them up a bit, but I'm not sure if I hit anywhere near the mark or not :) Also, like I said on the post above this... the scanner did a really bad job so I want to try and get a better scan.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 09:07:43 PM »
@Jedi Knight Muse And here is a potential for Arris. I tried to take the features and mix them up a bit, but I'm not sure if I hit anywhere near the mark or not :) Also, like I said on the post above this... the scanner did a really bad job so I want to try and get a better scan.

O.O OH EM GEE.

I LOVE IT.

(And I'm kicking myself because I should have mentioned that he has brown hair and not black, and I totally failed on that but I don't even care.)

IT'S AMAZING! Thank you so much!

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 09:08:14 PM »
Oh, and I'll be replying again at some point soon to request a drawing for his BFF Merek. :D

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 12:59:18 AM »
I LOVE IT.

(And I'm kicking myself because I should have mentioned that he has brown hair and not black, and I totally failed on that but I don't even care.)
Oh Yay! I'm glad :) And the potential to give him brown hair isn't quite off the board yet... I'll see what I can do before the rescan, though it will be quite dark brown hair.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 10:09:33 PM »
That's fine, @JayLee!

Okay, so what's crazy is that Arris is the harder character to figure out in terms of his past, but he was easier to find reference pictures for than Merek. I don't really want them to look that similar physically, 'cause they're not brothers by blood, and it's hard to pinpoint what I think Merek would look like.

I'm having a hard time finding reference pictures for him, 'cause I apparently don't have a super clear picture for him in my head. Aka, I need to write more of the story, apparently.  :-\

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 05:28:26 AM »
I'm not sure how I missed this! Thank you (again!) :) he looks very grumpy haha

What's even weirder (to me) is how similar that tunic you have chosen is to the uniform from my favourite book o.O my brain is like nooo keep him away from there cause he's a heartless murderer!

If you still want a character to chew on I still have Sarett who is the one with consta-changing skin/hair/eye colour :P I'm not sure if that'd be too hard though

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 07:16:37 PM »
Okay, so what's crazy is that Arris is the harder character to figure out in terms of his past, but he was easier to find reference pictures for than Merek. I don't really want them to look that similar physically, 'cause they're not brothers by blood, and it's hard to pinpoint what I think Merek would look like. I'm having a hard time finding reference pictures for him, 'cause I apparently don't have a super clear picture for him in my head. Aka, I need to write more of the story, apparently
Oooh, the figuring out what the character looks like is always the best stage, lucky :)

What's even weirder (to me) is how similar that tunic you have chosen is to the uniform from my favourite book o.O my brain is like nooo keep him away from there cause he's a heartless murderer! If you still want a character to chew on I still have Sarett who is the one with consta-changing skin/hair/eye colour  I'm not sure if that'd be too hard though
Haha :D What book? And yes please! Though it may be a little while for a sketch... cause my computer is busted right now and hates my guts :( Can't edit... can't scan pics.... the world's gone topsy! Must sketch!

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 01:14:33 AM »
So, I wanted to do a portrait study to practice more with digital art, and I happened to have the sketch of Arris on my desk... so yeah. Here ya go @Jedi Knight Muse
And this time he has brown hair :)

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2017, 01:35:23 AM »
OMG I LOVE IT! It's perfect! Thank you!!!!

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2017, 11:21:32 PM »
Okay, so Merek needs some love. Let's see if I can figure out what I want for him.

Character Name: Merek
Character Age: Early thirties
Description (the more detailed, the better): I'm going to give more reference pictures again.
Personality: Merek is scholarly and book smart. He knows a lot of magic and has spent countless hours studying and practicing it. Unfortunately for him, despite being a queen's guard, physical combat (without the use of magic) isn't his strong suit. He's weaker physically than most of the other queen's guards, and just has very little interest in learning more than the basic combat he's been trained for. He'd much rather have his nose stuck in a book than have to train in physical combat, though in order to become a queen's guard he was able to pull it off.

He's not all about studying, though. He likes to have fun, especially with Arris, whom he sees as more of a brother than any of his actual biological brothers ever were to him. He's super loyal to him and he'd do anything for Arris (i.e. break him out of jail and try and exonerate him). He's kind of laid back but he also has his moments where he tends to be more serious, like if Arris is trying to goof around, but then he just shakes his head and laughs.
Preferred clothes: See below.

Okay, so, honestly, I saw this picture on Pinterest and it's like...it's Merek. I don't think he'd have the staff with the jewel, or the long hair, but this is what I'd imagine for him, surrounded by books, wearing a similar cloak/set of robes.

I honestly can't really decide right now what I think he'd have for hair and eye color, or whether he'd have any kind of a beard/facial hair. o____o Which I know isn't all that helpful. I think he probably has bangs that kind of fall into his face, but not really like Arris? I dunno. I know you need more details than that but I'm totally blanking at the moment. I'll see if I can try and find you some more reference pictures. Right now I haven't found any that really jump out at me as being close to what I think for him, other than the one above. But the one above has him looking kind of more wrinkly in his face to me, even though he looks pretty young.

I think his eyes would either be blue or green, but I can't really decide at the moment. Hair...maybe red or brown. I dunno, I'm tired and can't decide at the moment. :P Actually, maybe he would have longer hair like the one in the picture. If it somehow helps, the name for his family's estate is Ravensrest, so ravens are kind of their house sigil. I imagine he'd probably have...something...that represents that. Maybe a necklace of some sort, or a patch on his robes. I dunno. (Sorry, I'm being super indecisive right now.)

Would you be willing to do another sketch, but of both of them in the same drawing, too? Basically something along the lines of this:
but not necessarily with them looking so serious. They're best friends and practically brothers, even if not by blood, so having them grin/smile would be fine. And maybe not in that exact pose, though I'm not sure what other pose you could put them in.

At some point I need to figure out some kind of an emblem that would go on their clothes to represent them as being queen's guards, but I have no ideas yet.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:29:26 PM by Jedi Knight Muse »

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2017, 01:19:28 AM »
Haha, this made me laugh so much :) It's like when my friend Anah asks for character sketches and I end up saying "yeah.... I'm just gonna draw something" :) Prepare for a slew of sketches coming your way over the next couple days before I try to jump on any final images. Oh I do like a challenge *grins in excitement.

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2017, 02:59:48 AM »
I still have Sarett if you want another challenge ;)