http://paperweighteditorial.tumblr.com/

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Will do Character Sketches for you!
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2017, 09:57:12 AM »
Haha, this made me laugh so much :) It's like when my friend Anah asks for character sketches and I end up saying "yeah.... I'm just gonna draw something" :) Prepare for a slew of sketches coming your way over the next couple days before I try to jump on any final images. Oh I do like a challenge *grins in excitement.

I'm more than fine with that! :D It'll be easier for me to see the sketches, I think, and let you know if you're closer to what's in my head but not quite as clearly in my head as I thought it was.
Current total goal: 25,000
July Camp Goal: 15,000 (4,474=difference needed to get to 15k)

Storms of Magic - Draft 1

ArtemisMorgan

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2017, 06:04:52 PM »
Your art is great! Do you have a FB page or a deviantart or something?

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2017, 09:04:11 PM »
Your art is great! Do you have a FB page or a deviantart or something?

Urrmmm.... no. Hello world wide web, I'm new on the internet! :P In all seriousness though, I've been considering something like that, but I'm just not comfortable enough with the quality of my work yet. I'm very much an artist in training :) Plus, I'm not so good at the whole social media thing (this site being an impressive exception so far, I like it here).Thank you very much for the compliment though!
Writer's Arithmetic: Cup of tea + blanket + book/sketchpad = Heaven

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2017, 08:10:02 PM »
Okay, I've done some sketches. Here's a small slew of the least terrible things I came up with.

A potential pose for Merek's portrait. Books. Books are great. The costume will probably be drawn along these lines. There are also color swatches for hair and eyes, don't know if they'll show up well though.

Different noses, mostly. A few eye shapes on the bottom, and a bird design to possibly incorporate somewhere. Also, clothing color swatches.

This last one is just a bunch of hairdos on very basic "mannequin" heads (aka, the terrible quick cartoon heads I tend to draw when testing, sorry if some of them look like girls).

Pick-and-choose, mix-and-match... Whatever floats your boat. Don't know if I'm even on the right track, but hopefully I'll get there :)

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2017, 08:14:48 PM »
I still have Sarett if you want another challenge
I've been trying to do a bit of artwork each day, so hopefully I can get on this one. Constantly shape-changing.... It might spark a few ideas to know the character's personality, or maybe if there are some features which tend to keep popping back up? Sarett's a female too, right?

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2017, 11:39:57 PM »
EEEE, THAT POSE IS PERFECT!

Okay, so now I have to make some decisions. :P

Eyes: I'm leaning toward the darker green, above the words "eye colors."

Hair: um...maybe the second one on top...

Clothing color: definitely the blue, I think.

Nose:
Probably the second one, on the left.

Eye shape:
I'm thinking the second one, with the thinner eyebrow.

Love the bird!

Haha, none of them look like girls. :P Hmmmm. Now I have to decide which I think works. Honestly, any of them could work. :P Which I know doesn't help you much.

I'm leaning mostly toward either the second one, with the longer hair, or the third one next to the one with the hair that's shoulder length. I'm thinking the second one, though.

I can't wait to see what you do with this. :D

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2017, 03:44:17 AM »
I've been trying to do a bit of artwork each day, so hopefully I can get on this one. Constantly shape-changing.... It might spark a few ideas to know the character's personality, or maybe if there are some features which tend to keep popping back up? Sarett's a female too, right?

Her skin, eye, and hair colour constantly changes. Her skin can go from albino-esque white to melanin rich black. All and everything natural in between. Hair goes from black to white too and eyes go through from dark brown to grey - they do not go pink like with albinism. Another fact, sometimes the colours don't align. So she might have bright blue eyes, dark black skin and red hair. They change at different rates and it's pretty erratic.

And yes, she is female. Here is her character thingy: http://forum.worldsmyths.com/index.php?topic=721.0

Body shape: on the thinner side, she's petite, small boobs and quote "a neckline sharing a generous view of non-existent cleavage" :P
Hair length, just past shoulders maybe by about 2 inches? There is a picture in the above link to what I feel looks like her in her "base" form. As she wasn't born with the colour changing thing. That's a magical genetic malfunction.

Personally Jascha is most amused when her colours make her look Greek cause he's silly like that. As for me, sometimes I struggle to see her when she has darker skin (probably because that photo is Caucasian). 

Does that help? Do you need more? I can send you writing if you want to see her personality too.

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2017, 05:27:43 PM »
@Jedi Knight Muse
Alright... here is my attempt :) All said, this was a very fun picture to draw. Lot's of nifty colors!

@Sheepy-Pie Awesome. That should definitely give me some ideas. Speaking of fun colors.... :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:00:44 PM by JayLee »

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »
OMG

@JayLee

IT'S PERFECT!!!!!!

It's amazing! Thank you sooooooo much!

You saw that I also asked about a drawing of the two of them together, right? 'Cause now that means you get to do even MORE pretty colors with them! :D

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2017, 07:58:54 PM »
OMG

@JayLee

IT'S PERFECT!!!!!!

It's amazing! Thank you sooooooo much!

You saw that I also asked about a drawing of the two of them together, right? 'Cause now that means you get to do even MORE pretty colors with them! :D
I did indeed see  :) I just have to think of a pose!

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2017, 10:37:23 PM »
Ah, okay, good! :D I know, I didn't really help much with not giving you a specific pose. :P Outside of that reference picture I showed, I can't really think of any good poses for them that would work, so it'll be interesting to see what you come up with. XD

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2017, 11:43:24 PM »
Did you have any chance to think of a pose? I can try and think of something if not, although I'm still kind of stuck. I'm not sure what other poses there are that would really work, honestly, so if you have any ideas for possibilities that I can choose from, I'm all ears.

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2017, 12:17:40 AM »
Did you have any chance to think of a pose? I can try and think of something if not, although I'm still kind of stuck. I'm not sure what other poses there are that would really work, honestly, so if you have any ideas for possibilities that I can choose from, I'm all ears.

Ah, yes. I've been working on some things, sorry to have fallen off the map, but I've been a bit behind lately :) Work ate my life! I'm hoping to get chugging back along this week though!

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2017, 07:36:22 AM »

Ah, yes. I've been working on some things, sorry to have fallen off the map, but I've been a bit behind lately :) Work ate my life! I'm hoping to get chugging back along this week though!

That's pretty much what I figured was the case. XD Can't wait to see what you come up with for it when you're able to show me.