• 3 Replies

R.K. Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • R.K. Wood Facebook Page
Ball Jointed Dolls
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:07:39 PM »
So, I've been slowly falling in love with BJDs (Ball Jointed Dolls) for a little over a year now. I knew of them about 10yrs ago, but didn't have the means to look into the hobby seriously. While I sadly still don't have the finances to get the dolls I really want, or many at all yet, I have gotten a practice head for doing face ups, and won my first full doll last month! I am planning a huge modification and dyeing project for her, and want to share both those here. I've only done one practice face up, but plan to do more in the near future.

This is the doll I just received. I plan on opening her eyes, dyeing her black, creating vampire fangs from epoxy, and doing her face up, plus tattoos and a couple of facial piercings. She will be shelling my Second Life OC.

I started cleaning her previous face up last weekend, and hope to finish cleaning it and the blushing done on her body this weekend.
Here's a before and after of her face.

I will share progress, if any are interested  :D
§¤§Don't Hate What You Don't Understand§¤§
Read Me at: https://www.wattpad.com/user/RKWood
Facebook Author Page: www.facebook.com/RainbowRealmsBlog

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Ball Jointed Dolls
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 06:46:42 PM »
They look so cool :) I don't think I've seen them over here

I wish I could do something similar :p I'd love to make my characters :P

R.K. Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • R.K. Wood Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 06:51:52 PM »
The creators of these types of dolls (resin made as well) are all over the world. There's not many stores for them, mostly online buying only. It is a massive community though for the hobby. A LOT of people make their book characters and/or do little story boards with them too. I am planning on doing a set of Goddess characters (I'm Wiccan, so the elements including Spirit) in the future, then might shel my OC book characters if I can ever afford too as well hehe
§¤§Don't Hate What You Don't Understand§¤§
Read Me at: https://www.wattpad.com/user/RKWood
Facebook Author Page: www.facebook.com/RainbowRealmsBlog

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 07:12:41 PM »
How expensive are they? And how easy are they to paint/do up? I'm used to painting on canvas not dolls :P