• 2 Replies

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
HELP needed! Photoshop/web design people see within
« on: March 02, 2017, 09:19:47 AM »
So is there anyone on this site who knows how to use Photoshop to create an image map?

(An image map is basically where you click on different parts of an image and depending on where you click, you get taken to a specific area on the site.)

There's a tutorial for how to do it in Photoshop and it seems easy enough to do, but I...do not currently have access to Photoshop.  >:(

So now we need somoene who's willing/able to do that.

ALSO:

Does anyone know how to get said image map onto Wordpress?

Or at least get it onto the page (whether or not it's Wordpress itself) so that when you go to worldsmyths.com, the image map is right there and it's the ONLY thing there?

Right now, we're using Wordpress to do it, but it's not perfect. If you go to worldsmyths.com and click the X to get rid of the dragon image, you'll see that it's...not the greatest. Ideally I would like to get rid of that altogether and just have the image map, which @briari hallow is working on, but I have no idea how to make that happen. I've found Wordpress plugins but can't figure out how to make them work properly.

Help?! Lol. If I have to, I'll post elsewhere (either RPG Directory or the NaNo Facebook group(s), but if there's someone here who knows how to help, that would make things a LOT easier.
Storms of Magic - Draft 1 FINISHED

Mars

• Apprentice
  • The artsy fartsy child
    • View Profile
    • Cracked Flash Fiction Competition
Re: HELP needed! Photoshop/web design people see within
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 05:00:49 PM »
I've never done what you propose, but I do have Photoshop CS6 and some very basic HTML, Javascript, and CSS knowledge/experience. I could give at least the Photoshop bit a shot?

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: HELP needed! Photoshop/web design people see within
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:22:04 PM »
You shouldn't need to use HTML to make the actual image map- that will be on my part- but here is a tutorial I found. You basically have to use the slice tool and then save it in a specific format...I'm not sure how reliable/easy to follow that specific tutorial will be since I haven't gotten to try it yet

I don't have the image that we REALLY want made into an image map yet, but...for now, you can try it with this image. Um...maybe try making either the word "Worldsmyths" or the http://worldsmyths.com or Kisa's (the girl) head into the part where the link would go (so that's where you'd slice it)?

Thank you in advance (if you're able to do it)!
Storms of Magic - Draft 1 FINISHED