• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: The pet thread
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 06:28:42 PM »
Oooooooh em geeeeeeee, KITTEH!
Storms of Magic - Draft 2 Currently being beta read
Untitled sequel to Storms of Magic - currently being written!

Silver

• Global Moderator
  • Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 04:06:26 PM »
My poor little Poppy split her dew claw at agility tonight. I have never witnessed anything like it before, there was blood everywhere. I had to bath it in salt water and bandage it. Now she can't put any weight on it and she is not very happy.

I hate it when my babies are in pain. :(

Silver

• Global Moderator
  • Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 05:11:10 PM »
Yesterday I dropped a huge baking potato and it landed on my German shepherd dog's head. He looked around, really confused, and then wandered off.

I had to laugh.

Jen

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 09:39:10 AM »
Ok I will hopefully add pics later but I HAVE to gush about my little kitty dude, Stanley.

We found him abandoned in a garage, he was roughly 3-8 weeks old (the emergency vet said 3 weeks, but the other vet said 8), soooooo tiny and super dehydrated. He was only as big as my hand!

I spent a week bottle feeding him before he was ready to be weaned. I carried him around inside my jumper. Despite how sickly he was (he had cat flu) he was really lively from the get-go. As soon as we got him home, he was climbing all over us and wanting to explore everywhere.

He's 2 years old now and he is is chunky, naughty little dude. He's not a 'normal' cat - he has terrible cat social skills. But he is so funny. He follows us everywhere, even to the toilet, and he likes to sit on the side of the bath and play with the water when I'm in there. He's ridiculously spoiled, as well.

Then last year we adopted another cat from the shelter because they posted saying that she'd been there 4 months and no one had even enquired about her :( She was 3 then so I think she was overlooked because she wasn't a cute kitten, or a really old sad cat. She was also really skinny and kind of weird looking - she has tiny feet. If we didn't have her vaccination records I would assume she's more like 18 months old, because she's really small and acts likes a kitten. She is definitely the boss of Stanley as well, he follows her around and she gets annoyed with him.

Tyrannohotep

• Master
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 10:48:15 PM »
One of my cousins used to own an Australian bearded dragon, which I recall he named "Spike". It was simply a gorgeous beauty. I don't have any desire to own any pets personally (too much responsibility for me to handle), but if I had to, it'd be some kind of reptile. On the other hand, I despise dogs and think cats are kinda creepy too. I'm a strange dude.
Author of the Dinosaurs & Dames anthology

My big art thread

Also, check out my website!

Amblygon

• Journeyman
  • Kris
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 11:56:04 AM »
Jen - hope you have a chance to post a pic of Stanley! He sounds super cute!

Silver - I love German Shepherds! Poor thing getting a potato on his head - his reaction sounds adorable! Would love to see a pic!

My family has always had dachshunds and we've still got one lovely lady left. Her name is Dooris and she's 15 and a half years old. Unfortunately she's nearing the end of her life - an ultrasound showed that she likely has a small tumour and the vet suggested she probably only has a few more months. It's always sad to say good bye, but she's had a good life and as long as she's still happy and feeling well, she can still enjoy her life. She loves getting treats, going for walks and sitting in the sun!

^ This second one is of her waiting at the top of the stairs to see who's coming from the front door.

Manu

• Expert
    • View Profile
  • Beta Reading Profile: Available, but not a native speaker.
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 01:42:36 PM »
I share my apartment with a cat and several fish - there's an aquarium with guppies and freshwater shrimps, and a smaller one with a betta. And I recently caught a swarm of bees, so I now have my own bee colony :)
This user is not a native English speaker. Her grammar may vary dependant on time of the day, level of sleep deprivation and amount of caffeine consumed.
Beta-reading profile

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 06:31:12 PM »
He follows us everywhere, even to the toilet, and he likes to sit on the side of the bath and play with the water when I'm in there. He's ridiculously spoiled, as well.

My cat will be fifteen years old this August (she was my grandfather's cat and now I have her with me at my apartment, long story short), and she does this, too! In fact, last night I was in the shower and I had my phone on the sink and heard it go off. I opened the curtain to try and look (even though the sink is too far from the bathtub to really be able to see the screen...) and all of a sudden, Muffy was running off...I think she had been peeking into the bathtub and when I opened the curtain, water dripped down onto her, and she did not like that. :P

Manu

• Expert
    • View Profile
  • Beta Reading Profile: Available, but not a native speaker.
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2018, 10:42:58 AM »
I recently learned why cats often follow their humans to the toilet - it's because when we're going to the toilet to do our business, that leaves us in a vulnerable spot. They follow us to guard us from predators which might attack us while we're busy and vulnerable. Isn't that lovely?
This user is not a native English speaker. Her grammar may vary dependant on time of the day, level of sleep deprivation and amount of caffeine consumed.
Beta-reading profile

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2018, 07:47:00 PM »
I recently learned why cats often follow their humans to the toilet - it's because when we're going to the toilet to do our business, that leaves us in a vulnerable spot. They follow us to guard us from predators which might attack us while we're busy and vulnerable. Isn't that lovely?
Aww, that is really lovely! <3 My cat just did that for me, lol.

Penguinball

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 12:17:50 PM »
Aww, that is really lovely! <3 My cat just did that for me, lol.

Maybe your cats, but mine knows that if I am sitting I am unable to get away when she jumps up and demands pets. Captive audience. Its to the point where if I want some privacy I have to fake her out by pretending to go to the bedroom then duck into the bathroom at the last moment before she catches up.

Her name is Rose (to match our Maltese-Shih Tzu Thorn), she is a 4.5 year old ragdoll-himilayan. She is huge and fluffy and her fur gets in EVERYTHING. She is the same size as the multis**t Thorn, they play together and it is very cute.