[Submission Opportunity] Book project/book cover illustrations

• 4 Replies

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
I received the following e-mail from someone named Rob Page yesterday. He's an illustrator based in the UK and he's looking to create some kind of a book or offer book cover illustrations and is wondering if anyone here is interested in being part of either of those things. Here's the full e-mail:

Hi there,

my name is Rob Page, and I work as a Freelance Illustrator. I am contacting you because I am in the process of expanding the Fantasy Art section of my website.

i was wondering therefore, if any of your members would either be interested in collaborating with me on book project of some kind with a fair division of profits, or whether they would be interested in having a book cover illustrated for a very competitive rate.

I consider myself to be very professional in what I do, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could pass on this mail to your members.

my website address is www.robpageillustration.com

Thankyou in advance for any help you may be able to offer me.

Rob

The e-mail address is Info@robpageillustration.com.

Storms of Magic - Draft 1

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
Re: [Submission Opportunity] Book project/book cover illustrations
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 05:37:59 AM »
I've emailed him to see what sort of book project he has in mind, sounds fun!

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 10:14:40 PM »
I'm curious to know what he tells you about the book project!

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 04:46:48 AM »
I am actually hoping is to do is to expand the Fantasy and Science Fiction section of my Illustration portfolio, and obviously a great way to do this would be to collaborate with Authors and assist in helping to bring their manuscripts to life by the use of internal illustrations, maps, book cover designs etc.

As I am sure you agree, writing and illustration are both very competitive fields, and so it would be great to work on projects that will hopefully be mutually beneficial to both parties.

As funds can be limited for such projects, I would be willing to work to an agreed book sale percentage on the understanding that the completed manuscript is published or self published etc.

I don't think I need any illustrations :( cause otherwise I would jump on this :P

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 09:05:54 AM »
Yeah, I don't think I'd need any illustrations, either.  :-\ At least not right now, but that's assuming that I actually stick with this current project and don't give up on it or anything.