• 5 Replies

Xyem

• Librarium Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Novice
    • View Profile
Forced Logout for Everyone
« on: March 26, 2017, 09:23:34 AM »
For those coming from the email notification: you don't need to clear your cookies. You just have to log back in.

Sorry for the inconvenience but we just discovered that due to changes we made for the migration/Librarium that if you logged out manually, you'd be unable to log back in (I think this is a bug in SMF's cookie handling where it would think you were brute-force logging in).

To fix this, you'd have to clear your cookies.. instead, we opted to effectively do this globally and log everyone out. I had planned to do this when Librarium deployed to ensure it all worked and give everyone warning it was going to happen, but this bug forced my hand into doing it early.. at least I won't have to do it again!

Sorry everyone :/
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 04:46:32 PM by Xyem »

Xyem

• Librarium Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Forced Logout for Everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 04:44:44 PM »
Oh, on a positive note, this was discovered because I just implemented using the SMF cookie for user authentication in Librarium. No need to log in twice now. Logging into the forum will log you into Librarium too :)

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 10:48:21 PM »
Yeaaah, sorry, guys. That's a total "my bad" on my part with the e-mail that got sent out. :P

@Xyem any thoughts on why the forum isn't keeping me logged in all the time now? I cleared the cookies (I think it was before you did anything on your end) but now after however many hours, it logs me out. It doesn't give me the screen to check off "stay logged in," either.  :-\
Current total goal: 25,000
July Camp Goal: 15,000 (4,474=difference needed to get to 15k)

Storms of Magic - Draft 1

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 05:11:33 AM »
I had the same issue, but if you go to login and clear it, then try to enter it it takes you to the screen with the tick box.

Xyem

• Librarium Developer
  • Global Moderator
  • Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 01:08:28 PM »
any thoughts on why the forum isn't keeping me logged in all the time now?
Same issue as before. The login form on the top left is a shortcut, which doesn't have all the log in options. It can probably be changed so it defaults to "forever" if you log in with it. I don't know if it is theme-specific as SMF demo sites have a better one (doesn't require Javascript, has "duration" option).

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 09:12:20 AM »
I got it working again so that I'll always be logged in. I just did what Sheepy said.
Current total goal: 25,000
July Camp Goal: 15,000 (4,474=difference needed to get to 15k)

Storms of Magic - Draft 1