Crocheted characters :)

• 5 Replies

Becca

• Master
    • View Profile
Crocheted characters :)
« on: June 04, 2016, 12:31:25 PM »
I'm a hooker... erm, I mean crocheter... ;) And I especially like making things based on characters. I've made a lot of beanies and scoodies (hat/scarf thingies) of characters from movies or video games or anime, etc, such as Stitch, Toothless, Pabu, Claptrap, and a few digimon, amongst others. But what I'm most proud of are the figurines I made of the two main characters in one of my series :)

Here's Enya the naiad:

With her traveling cloak:

And here's Nole the vampire:

With his cape:

I'd be willing to make figurines (or hats) based on your characters or something in your world, though I probably couldn't do it for free... But reasonably priced, if you'd like.

Tyrannohotep

• Master
    • View Profile
    • My Wordpress
Re: Crocheted characters :)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 01:30:16 PM »
Very cute! I think I like the first character in her traveling cloak the best.
My big art thread

Also the author of the entire Dinosaurs & Dames anthology

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 06:52:48 PM »
Oooh, these are so cute! I bought some stuff to learn how to crochet, and my sister taught me the basic stitch, but I still haven't gotten the hang of it. She learned how to crochet when she was over in Ireland but she doesn't know how to follow patterns 'cause she wasn't taught one, and I'm left handed while she's right handed so it's harder for her to teach me. I have a co-worker who says she'll teach me, though. It would be cool if I could learn how to make these. (Actually, for Christmas my sister got me this Wizard of Oz crochet kit but because I haven't gotten the hang of the basic stitch and actually MADE something, I haven't gotten to try making anything yet. :( I bet it's not too different from what you made, though.
Storms of Magic - Draft 1 FINISHED

kherezae

• mad jack
  • Administrator
  • Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Wattpad
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 09:13:51 PM »
Oh that rocks! Do you do the Etsy (or some other online vendor) thing? I know someone who's made some nice side money doing basically what you're doing through an Etsy shop!

Becca

• Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 09:52:33 PM »
Ally, I hope you can get into it. It's really fun. And once you get the hang of the basic stitch, the others aren't too different. I somehow wound up doing a combo of left and right handed- like I hold my yarn differently than others do, but the hook the same. But it still turns out the same lol. I have a site that has tutorials on stitches I could send. That's where I learned most of what I know. And Ravelry has lots of free patterns.

Jess, not yet... I've been meaning to for over a year now but I'm too busy to commit...

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 10:00:07 PM »
I think I need to have someone show me in person, because I've tried looking at youtube videos and haven't really gotten it. I have a co-worker who knows how to and wants to teach me. I'm hoping that if I get good enough, I could eventually start making things for people on Etsy and the like and earn some money. I've thought about making an Etsy account and offering to do graphic design for people on there, but I was looking into it and I was kind of like o__o about it. But if I got good enough at crochet and found the time to be able to make things in a reasonable amount of time, I would do it. My goal is to learn how to make a baby blanket, which  my co-worker wants to teach me how, 'cause I have an eventual niece or nephew whom I'd love to give it to. :D :D :D
Storms of Magic - Draft 1 FINISHED