Never Enough Time

• 5 Replies

ArtemisMorgan

• Novice
    • View Profile
Never Enough Time
« on: May 06, 2017, 06:18:05 PM »
I consider myself an artist first, and a writer second (as art is how I make moola), but I never seem to find the time to paint my book characters, and when I do... they never look right! Does anyone else have that problem? Like, I have such strong images in my head, and I just can't get that out onto paper.

Here are a few I have managed to do, but I really wish I had more time to repeatedly paint my characters until they are perfect!

ArtemisMorgan

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Never Enough Time
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 06:45:07 PM »
Oh and I forgot the main trio from my Scandinavian fantasy!

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 09:11:05 PM »
they never look right! Does anyone else have that problem? Like, I have such strong images in my head, and I just can't get that out onto paper.
These are fantastic! I particularly like the third one in the first post, the lighting is so pretty and her features are quite striking. And as far as drawing your own characters, I feel you. I've always chalked it up to knowing what they look like too well. Then enter disconnect between brain and paper :)
Writer's Arithmetic: Cup of tea + blanket + book/sketchpad = Heaven
 http://paperweighteditorial.tumblr.com/

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 09:21:31 PM »
I love your artwork! I love the second and third one in the top set of drawings, especially the second one.

I can't draw, but I know exactly what you mean with not being able to transfer the image you see in your head onto paper, only in my case it's written description. I can imagine what a character looks like, or what I'm imagining during a scene, but getting it into words can sometimes be really hard and frustrating.

Storms of Magic - Draft 1

ArtemisMorgan

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 01:02:40 PM »
Oh god, don't even get me started on writing descriptions. I tend to forget the world can't see what's in my head and I end up skimping on the details and descriptions, and have to go back and add a load in!

Tyrannohotep

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 12:11:09 PM »
Excellent work there!