Library?

• 3 Replies

ArtemisMorgan

• Novice
    • View Profile
Library?
« on: May 10, 2017, 10:47:50 AM »
Could someone tell me a bit more about the library, how it's used, what level of draft should be complete for it, whether its for pre-beta-read stuff in order to get beta-readers, or whether it's for stuff that is completely finished, etc.? Thank you! : D

Max

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Library?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 11:09:09 AM »
Hi Max,

So here's the thing with the library- it doesn't exist right now! I mean, it kind of does, just not in the form that it should. I was stupid a few weeks ago and went ahead and canceled the hosting that the library was still being hosted on (because I didn't want to give them any more of my money, for good reason it turns out) and didn't even think about the fact that the library was still hosted there (it didn't effect the forum 'cause it had already been moved onto the new host). So right now we're using the forum until @Xyem can finish getting the new library, aka the Librarium, built for us. It's going to be a brand new, custom made library site that will have way more features than the old one did, and it'll be way easier to use than the old one was.

So to answer your question, the library can be used for whatever level of draft you want. Doesn't matter if it's a fresh draft and hasn't been edited or beta read or isn't completed or whatever. If you want to stick a chapter up in the temporary forum we've made for library submissions, you're welcome to do so. Once Xyem gets the Librarium to the point of accepting submissions, he'll be copying over any submissions into that forum over onto the new Librarium site, so you won't have to worry about resubmitting it.

Before I got rid of the hosting, there were a lot of people who had submitted first drafts of stories, including myself, so submitting a first draft is more than fine.

I hope that helps a bit. Like I said, you're welcome to submit a chapter or whatever into that forum until we get the new Librarium ready to accept submissions, which will hopefully be soon.
Current total goal: 25,000
July Camp Goal: 15,000 (4,474=difference needed to get to 15k)

Storms of Magic - Draft 1

Xanxa

• Novice
  • Psychedelic Purple Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 10:23:54 PM »
Ah, so that explains why I got a 404 error when I tried to access the library.  I thought that perhaps I needed a virtual library card or some sort of secret code to get in. 

I love the name Librarium, very cool.  Looking forward to seeing it up and running.
The wind turns green and the Goddess smiles.  Everything will be the right size.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 10:29:51 PM »
Ah, so that explains why I got a 404 error when I tried to access the library.  I thought that perhaps I needed a virtual library card or some sort of secret code to get in. 

I love the name Librarium, very cool.  Looking forward to seeing it up and running.

Yup. :) Unfortunately it's taken a little longer than expected to get the new Librarium going, but I'm hoping that that will change soon and at the very least, we'll have a beta tested version of it with some of the basic features that will be usable so that we can start getting submissions again. (Not that you shouldn't submit anything while we don't have the Librarium- in fact, you're encouraged, because like I said, any submissions we've gotten between the time the old library was canceled and the time we get some form of the Librarium  up will be copied over onto the Librarium anyway by @Xyem. Plus it'd be good to get some new submissions while we wait, anyway.) 

Thanks. :) I believe that was a suggestion made by @Xyem, if memory serves correctly. 
Current total goal: 25,000
July Camp Goal: 15,000 (4,474=difference needed to get to 15k)

Storms of Magic - Draft 1