Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance trailer
« on: May 27, 2017, 10:30:41 PM »
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

I hope I'm not the only one on here who's seen and is a fan of the movie The Dark Crystal. :P I freaking love that movie, and I'm soooo excited about this new show that I didn't even know about until now. I'm hoping that the fact that this is a Netflix show means it'll be really good. Plus, I seriously doubt anyone affiliated with Jim Henson is going to let them screw this up. It'll be interesting to see what they end up doing story-wise, too.
Storms of Magic - Draft 1 FINISHED

ScribblerKat

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Kathy Ann Trueman - fantasy writer
Re: The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance trailer
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 01:31:12 AM »
I freakin' love that movie, too. I've often wished that they'd remake it, now that CGI is so good. This isn't a remake, from what I understand, but it does look like it'll be good. Crossing fingers.
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all those who wander are lost

JayLee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • Paperweight Editorial
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 02:06:21 AM »
This is gonna be a thing??? If this is good, my life will be complete :) Metaphorically speaking. This movie (along with Labyrinth) was totally my jam as a kid. Netflix has done well so far, so there is hope for this one!
Writer's Arithmetic: Cup of tea + blanket + book/sketchpad = Heaven
 http://paperweighteditorial.tumblr.com/

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 10:36:56 AM »
I freakin' love that movie, too. I've often wished that they'd remake it, now that CGI is so good. This isn't a remake, from what I understand, but it does look like it'll be good. Crossing fingers.

See, I wouldn't want them to remake it, because I think it would lose its charm with CGI. I mean, one of the things that makes it such a great movie is the puppetry. Jim Henson was a mastermind when it came to that, and I wouldn't want to see them screw with that just to make it "better" with CGI. So I'm glad that it looks like this won't be a remake, too.

I hope they come up with completely new characters (except for Aulgra), too, 'cause otherwise it might be weird to not have the same voices play Jen and Kira. Looks like Aulgra's actress died, so they'd have to have someone new that has the same kind of raspy voice play her.

And I demand that Fizgig returns, too. XD I'd be really tempted to name a cat or dog that, not gonna lie.

This is gonna be a thing??? If this is good, my life will be complete :) Metaphorically speaking. This movie (along with Labyrinth) was totally my jam as a kid. Netflix has done well so far, so there is hope for this one!

It looks like it! And same with me for both of those movies! :D I really hope they do it justice. It'll be cool to see what they end up doing for a story, too.

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 10:43:21 PM »
I just finished watching The Dark Crystal, 'cause I hadn't seen it in a long time. I really love the world building that was done. And I think Aulgra and Fizzgig are my two favorite characters. I also love the Land Striders, and it always makes me sad when they die. :(