Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Writing Challenge FAQs
« on: September 11, 2016, 11:34:29 PM »
Writing Challenge FAQs
Who is in charge of posting the writing challenges?
@Sheepy-Pie, @Silver and @Jedi Knight Muse rotate through taking turns to post the challenges.

Do our entries have to be brand new, specifically for the challenge, or can it be something that we wrote in the past but fits the prompt that's been given?
This is totally up to you! If you have something you've written in the past, or you've been working on, and you feel that it fits a prompt that's been given in the challenge, you are more than welcome to edit it up as necessary and submit it. Alternatively, you can always write something brand new that's based on the prompt(s) that have been given.

If there's more then one prompt, can we use all of them in our responses?
Of course!

What is the schedule for the challenges?
Challenges are usually posted on the first day of each month, and run until the very last day of that month (i.e. April 1st - 30th).

Voting is posted on the last day of the challenge by 11:59 PM EST, followed either right away or several hours later (both Sheepy and Silver are in the UK and five hours ahead of the EST that Jedi Knight Muse is in) on the first day of the next month. Voting runs until there is a clear winner.

How long do we have to submit something for a challenge?
Challenge submissions run from the 1st of the month to the very last date of the month and are due by 11:59 PM EST.

What happens in the event of a tie?
Depending on how many votes are in a poll, the poll will either remain open until the tie is broken or a tie breaker poll will be posted.

Can I submit challenge prompt suggestions?
Yes. You can respond to this post with any suggestions you may have, or you can send a PM to one of the challenge staff members with your suggestion(s).

How do we submit a challenge entry?
You submit a challenge entry by, after making sure you have an account at the Library, submitting to the library under the "challenges" category. Once you've submitted the entry to the library, you can reply to the challenge entry with the link to your submission.

How does voting work?
Voting is posted after midnight EST.

Are we allowed to vote for ourselves?
Due to the way the polls are set up, we have no way of knowing who's voting for which entries, so we have to assume that everyone is voting fairly and not for themselves if they've submitted to the challenge. Should we find out that anyone is voting for themselves somehow, though, we will make appropriate changes to the way the voting is conducted.

Can I submit more than one entry to a challenge?
In general, no. Sometimes we may have challenges that may call for more than one entry from an author. These will be the only times an author will be allowed to submit more than one entry to a challenge.

Do you have any other questions? Send me a PM and I'll add them.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:19:51 PM by Jedi Knight Muse »

Storms of Magic - Draft 1