• 5 Replies

Jedi Knight Muse

• A muse that's a Jedi
  • Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
WIP Wednesday!
« on: June 07, 2017, 11:50:16 AM »
I'm stealing this from a Facebook group @Sheepy-Pie and I are members of and I'm slightly modifying it.

Go to the 10th page of your WIP (doesnt matter of its handwritten in a notebook, type in Word or Scriver etc) and post the first full complete sentence.

This one is mine:
Arris shifted uncomfortably as he leaned up against the wall of the cell, his irons jingling as he moved.

Technically it's from a scene that I plan on deleting 'cause it sucked and it wasn't even finished. :P So here's the real sentence:

The door to the entrance of the prison creaked open and Arris heard footsteps and some shuffling.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 11:54:05 AM by Jedi Knight Muse »

Storms of Magic - Draft 1

ScribblerKat

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Kathy Ann Trueman - fantasy writer
Re: WIP Wednesday!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 12:11:45 PM »
It's part of a dialog: Green's a good color for you.

That sounds so hopelessly mundane. LOL
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all those who wander are lost

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 07:29:21 PM »
So this is a cool idea and I would like to post from all the WIP I have that are fantasy (I don't have 10 pages for all my fantasy WIP's), I hope you don't mind.

Dragon Keeper: The Journey Begins (Book One):
“If you keep pacing like that you’ll wear a hole in the ground,” Aymeric snapped at Japp out of frustration, looking back at him.

The Silent Hand: Vampire Hunter Chronicles- A Family Legacy Uncovered (Book One):
For some reason, the road seemed to keep getting longer and longer like we weren’t making any progress.

The Chronicles Of Maddox Riddell: Becoming Phoenix Fire (Book One):
Maddox was pretty sure that Rose and Max had something to do with it but he couldn’t prove it.

Sheepy-Pie

• Mistress of Death
  • Global Moderator
  • Master
  • It lasted forever, And ended so soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 04:33:43 AM »
10th page? Think you should have chosen smaller. I haven't got 10 pages of my wip atm. So instead I have picked a line from my second chapter

My father walked in front with Celeste trailing so close she could be his shadow.

SecretRock

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 09:32:26 AM »
First WIP, it's dialogue.
Anything else you need me to get, or should I head back to the chemical lab?

Second WIP:
He quickly looked up from his feet with a shocked expression, some frozen grass visible where he'd been absently scraping the snow off them while the girls had their touching moment.

MagicMagor

• Librarium Testers
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 01:51:38 PM »
Had to fiddle a bit with Scriveners compile-feature to find where page 10 in my draft ist. First full sentence is rather unspectacular:
The man nearly tripped.
Title: Tigerhall (WIP)
Progress: 12/29 Scenes, 1/3 Acts
Word Count Total: 24,496
Word Count Draft: 15,064